5 Awesome Things To Do Before Summer Ends
We are truly blessed to live in an area of the country that is beautiful and with many activities available! I read this on our City Utilities Blog and wanted to share! The link to the original article on their page is below!
Living in the Ozarks provides a bounty of wonderful outdoor experiences perfect for the summer. Among the best activities for the summer, going to the lake is a top contender. There are four beautiful lakes in the Springfield area including Fellows Lake, McDaniel Lake, Lake Springfield and Valley Water Mill. They are perfect to get in one last day of summer fun before school starts.
Here is our list of the top-five lake activities you have to try before summer ends:
- Bank Fishing: What’s more relaxing than an afternoon of waiting for the fish to bite? You can bank fish at all four lakes in Springfield.
- Have a BBQ: Fellows Lake and Valley Water Mill are the perfect place for an end-of-summer BBQ with friends and family. Both locations have BBQ grills just waiting for your party! There are also pavilions available to keep it cool in the late-summer heat.
- Learn to Sail: Sail boats are available at Fellows Lake and Lake Springfield. While there is a permit required on Fellows Lake, it’s the perfect way to wind down summer.
- Boating: There are some restrictions that you’ll want to check out here, but who doesn’t love a nice evening boat ride? You could even grab a canoe or kayak for some human-powered boating fun!
- Greenways Trails: Go for an afternoon hike on the Greenways Trail at Fellows Lake and Valley Water Mill. Bring a picnic lunch for a full day of fun!
All this and more awaits you at Springfield’s parks and lakes. For more information about the activities available at each location and relevant information about any restrictions, click here.
Link to original article on CU Site